Intro to Daily Success With Adult ADHD

Welcome!

I am Aaron Griswold. I no longer feel that I am just COPING with adult ADHD, I am SUCCEEDING with adult ADHD.

I've wanted to write this blog about Adult ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) for a long time. I've procrastinated by researching everything I could about Adult ADHD in order to make sure I was "ready" to write this. On impulse, I've even started writing articles on coping with Adult ADHD on my computer, online, and on scrap pieces of paper I've eventually lost, and they are never complete. I've been able to throw both the research and the articles I started into big piles and transport them from home, to work, to home, and back to work.

And I've been able to do this, and much more, by trying to fit this into my daily life with my wife and two kids, trying to start at least one to two companies at the same time, teaching three college courses, worrying about financial issues, worrying about emotional issues, and generally not having a good time.

Yep - I've been coping with Adult ADHD for far too long.

If you can relate to some of this - you may have Adult ADHD too.....! Ha...

I was finally motivated to write this blog in order to challenge my students in my business classes at Midlands Technical College (Columbia, SC). Their assignment was to start a blog, treat it like a mini-company, and create a great product (their blog) - market it well (increase the traffic) - and gain financial rewards (through Google's AdSense). I tell them that the best way to learn about business is to have your own.

So... I also put the challenge in there that if they could beat the traffic and the monetary gains of my blog, then  they would get a boost to their final grade. Sometimes when you're coping with adult ADHD, the best way to succeed is to measure yourself against others in a competitive way.

This blog is for me... a consistent thing that I can do to that turns into Daily Success with Adult ADHD.

This blog is also for you... with research and insights on Adult ADHD that will hopefully help you stop coping with Adult ADHD too, and get some Daily Success of your own.

BTW... for completeness, I found the AD/HD button picture at www.zazzle.com - not promoting them, just thought it was cool.

0 comments: (+add yours?)

Post a Comment